Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden
Magical...

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Looking for a Job!

So, The Daily Herald has decided that my kind of column is not what they want. Well, that is fine with me, because their paper is not exactly what I thought it was going to be either. For now I will write on my blog and in the future, maybe a new gig I can be proud of doing. Between the tabloid content of the Lake County News-Sun and the blandness and uninspired writing of the Daily Herald, Lake County has some slim pickins. I hope we can start a movement in a better direction

Heck, all the stress I was experiencing, literally, made me sick in the last couple of months. Now, I am feeling great. No headache, no sore throat, and my knee is not throbbing. You know they say you are what you think and the first time in a long time-I'm good.

I have also been thinking that maybe I can report right here on my own terms. Life is good for sure. I'm grateful for the chance to continue working at my passion. The written word. Who knew 10 years ago, I would be writing in a public forum? I count each column as a major blessing.

This week I will be attending the Concert for Life as I hope everyone in this area will on Sunday, March 11th at 3:30pm. It will take place at St. Paul the Apostle Church on Hunt Club Road and Gages Lake Road. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Matt Wessel, our very own Gurnee native will be performing. If you never heard him, you need to check him out. More about him to follow. He is fantastic!

Until next time...

No comments: