Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden
Magical...

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The 100 Year Flood is Here Again

Since living in the Gurnee area, I have experienced about four floods which is about three more than I should have when referring to a 100 year flood or even a 20 year flood pattern. I am blessed that it has never touched my home. For all the people who continue to be threatened by the DesPlaines River or farther west by the Fox River, I keep you in my prayers.

For all the volunteers who have chosen to help with sandbags in our community center either at schools, churches, or private homes, we are all in your debt. For all the businesses who opened up their hearts and donated goods,food, and assorted supplies during the sandbag process, thank you for keeping the teams going.

Also, the employees of the Village and District 56 Schools, who went far beyond what a paycheck is required, You are the BEST!!! The hours, the physical labor, and most importantly the dedication and commitment you showed is nothing less than heroic. Finally, for the others who dropped their daily responsibilities to help a community in need...Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is what life should be about,isn't it?

Gurnee is a great community and I am grateful to be part of it. We will overcome this latest adversity as we always do-TOGETHER! This is what makes Gurnee an absolutely amazing place to raise a family and I am proud to be connected with all of you. Bless you all. Until next time...

No comments: