Butterfly Garden

Butterfly Garden
Magical...

Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Buzz in Lake County

Happy Labor Day Weekend, Ya' All!
I've been thinking again and two thoughts come to mind. First and foremost, I have given the Lake County News-Sun a fair shot for the last couple of months when I re-subscribed to the troubled newspaper. Although there are some fine journalists and very decent photographers who are lost in the obnoxious format somewhere, I have to say there is no hope for this daily. I am canceling my subscription for the last time. My husband doesn't even look at it anymore.

I do have to mention that I have tried to contact the paper with suggestions on how to get the readers of old interested in reading more than the obituaries (tell me the truth, you go there first right?!) or movie times, but to no avail. They do not like me anymore. Maybe because I do speak the truth and I am convinced I could class the paper up just a bit, regardless we don't converse. Even responding to The News Hound, which I thought would be interesting, turned out to be just an ego-thing for the anonymous perpetrator of this feature. The News-Sun is just a rag and the Daily Herald needs some serious life zapped into it. Or is it time for a transplant? Either way the readers are left with nothing much.

So, I give-up on having a voice in Lake County other than this site I am writing on now. It is a shame that the News-Sun has become a shadow of greatness and the Daily Herald doesn't care about us on the North Shore. How a paper can dismiss 100,000+ readers is so beyond my comprehension I can't even to hazard a guess what is going on through their simple minds. Unless, maybe they have a secret arrangement between the publishers not to cross into each other's territory. Hmmmm? Could that be it?

Second- no, I did not forget about my precious second thought. Wouldn't it be great to have a totally online daily Lake County paper? Not just the reworking of the tired old rags we have going on these days, but an au courant version that lets the people, who use the internet, a spot to check on things and stay up-to-date with the local news!!

What do you think? I am really going to look into doing this. Let me know if you think this will fly. Heck, I have never tried to be a publisher before. Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three days after wtiting this blog item calling the News-Sun "obnoxious" to your taste, you again write the newaspaper seeking freelance employment with them. I have never known a freelancer who calls a paper a "rag" and then tries to convince its editors to hire her. What world do you live in?

Odie said...

What is a newaspaper? I did not wtite this blog. I believe I wrote it about your newspaper.
Listen I do not have any bad feelings for you as a person, but I am upset that the News-Sun is where it is under your leadership. I live in a world where I hope doing your best is the standard and just getting by is not acceptable as a professional.
I know a lot of people feel the same way.

Odie said...

Hey, thanks for reading my blog though. I appreciate it!